NOTE: the following text and photos are excerpted from the 1983 Camper “Supplement to Volkswagen Vanagon Owner’s Manual.” For more info on operating the stove see, “Using the Westfalia Stove.”
- DO NOT USE THE GAS RANGE WHILE DRIVING!
- Keep combustible materials clear of the lighted burners.
- The burner orifices have been set by the factory for safe operation. DO NOT CHANGE THEIR SIZE!
- Keep a lighted match ready when turning on the burners.
- Keep windows or door open when cooking. Gas flames consume oxygen.
- Never light the burners to heat the interior of your Camper.
- Make sure the propane tank is securely fastened in place.
- Check tank and lines from time to time to be sure they are tight. When testing for leaks, use soapy water. DO NOT USE MATCHES!
- Do not put the sink cabinet cover over an open flame. Wait til the burners and the cooking rack are cold.
- After cleaning the stove, make sure to anchor the cooking rack securely in the slots provided.
IN CASE OF FIRE!
- Release fire extinguisher from holding bracket.
- Remove the tape over the white discharge button.
- Hold the fire extinguisher upright and press the button all the way down.
Aim the spray at the base of the flame. Do not test the fire extinguisher. Partial discharge may cause the contents to leak.